Split Sheet Agreement Template
Absolutely amazing information! I have 2 related questions that I can`t have an answer to: 1. If I have a complete demo and I hire a producer/engineer to produce it/mixer/mastern for me, and it asks 4% of the copyright (the remaining 96% are mine, since I`m the only author). Does this mean that he will be entitled to 4% of all future income and I will not be able to make decisions (modification, publication, synchronization, etc.) on my song without him? He also gets a fee from me for working on the mix. 2. As these agreements are better signed in writing, how can I deal with them when I work with someone on the internet? Like a sound bed? These details do not appear to be important in the early stages of song creation, but a shared sheet serves as proof of copyright and will assure a third party, such as a potential publisher or your PRO, that there is no division dispute. Music contracts, splitsheets and producer contracts are boring. You write and sign a voting sheet to find out who wrote what. This will determine who owns what and how each of you will be paid. Finally, if you have any questions or are not safe about something, we advise you to do some research, and possibly consider consulting a qualified administrator, legal expert or lawyer to verify your intentions and contract details on behalf of your company.
Normally, the more you can do in advance, the better your experience will be later when business starts and takes off! A splitsheet is also important because your administrator or accountant can use it to collect your license rights from record companies and your organization for performance rights. […] Split Sheet is a written agreement between two or more music creators that identifies each contributor and […] It`s really important to take ownership of your intellectual property and get written confirmation of your songwriting fractions from the start. This site is such a great resource for us singers and composers! Thank you very much! One question, if I made a written agreement, could I list my full government name as an employer AND sign? Or can I legally list and sign my solo stage name as an employer? A shared sheet and a federal copyright record give you solid proof of your copyright on a song. There are countless examples like this, so at the end of the day, all contributors have to reach an agreement. Although this is not an absolute legal requirement, it is always wise to avoid their business agreement intentions in writing, to avoid subsequent misunderstandings or quarrels over who said what, and what part of a song you actually own when it comes to sharing the different sales streams, royalties and other forms of music licensing revenue that may result from your musical co-writing projects. One of the biggest mistakes I see is that collaborative songwriters and producers don`t finish a simple splitsheet, because if the song succeeds, which is the intent of all the collaborations, then one of the contributors, or more likely its publisher, says that he or she should own a larger percentage of the song than expected.